Mac Water Damage
Help! I spilled water, milk or some liquid on my Mac!
- Turn off the computer and unplug the battery and A/C adaptor.
- With the lid open, turn the computer upside down to stop the liquid from traveling deeper into the other parts.
- Wipe up the liquid using paper towels or toilet paper as these are most absorbent material.
- Let the computer dry for at least 24 to 48 hours.
- DO NOT use a hair dryer,as this will melt some of the plastic components.
- DO NOT switch the computer on, until you are 100% sure that the computer is dry.
- If the computer turns on book your Mac in for a water repair check – it’s a free quote – this will ensure the internal components will not become damaged in time.
This shows you how much water was in a Mac 24 hours after the water was spilled on it. Despite drying the Mac, this client came in and informed us that she has spilled a “little” water on the table that the Mac was sitting on. It was brought in 24 hours later and when we removed the case this is how much water was still on the battery and components. Turning this Mac on would potentially have killed it.
Split Water on Mac
Apple Repairs, iMac Repairs
Please note that despite drying your Mac and even if it powers on after it has dried there may well be damage within that needs to be addressed or future issues.
When a liquid is spilled directly on top of the keyboard or Trackpad.
After leaving the computer to dry you find either it won’t turn on or it starts up but some keys won’t work.
In both case the solution is usually to clean all the component and replaced the keyboard or trackpad.
When the liquid has enter from the back vent or from the sides
If the computer show no sign of power then normally logic board (Main Board) is damage. This board is the most expensive part.
- Replace with the logic board with the used parts.
- Replace with the new logic board with your serial number so the existing Apple Warranty continue.
As you can see here, this is a Mac that had water spilled on it. Over time this will corrode the logic board which then requires a major repair or the machine will stop functioning properly, could over heat or cause other issues. Get your Mac repair properly after you’ve had water damage to it.
Mac Repair Services
- Mac Virus Removal and Full Servicing
- Mac Data Recovery Services
- Mac Data Backup Services
- Mac Anti-Virus Setup Services
- Remote Mac Support Services
- Mac Logic Board Servicing
- Mac Logic Board Video Chip Repairs and Replacement
- Mac SSD Hard Drive Upgrades
- Repairing & Servicing Slow Macs
- Mac Screen Replacements
We are open 7 days Including most public holidays.
Mac repairs and servicing in most cases is same or next day or we will provide you with a quote within 24 hours and a time frame on the scope of the Mac repair.
All Mac repairs and servicing comes with a 30 day warranty